Saturday 7 May 2011

Master Adjuster

A few weeks ago I attended a seminar for a chiropractic technique that I knew little about but was curious to find out more information on.  Also attending the seminar was a colleague I have known for years.  This fellow is a good friend.  I was struck when he told me he was adding this technique to the arsenal of methods that he regularly uses.  I was surprised.  This gentleman already utilizes an armada of techniques.

As the seminar progressed, I surveyed the room, and of the people attending whom I knew, I thought of the ones I most wanted to get adjusted by.  My friend was very low on the list.  The chiropractors at the top of my list were the ones who focused on a particular chiropractic technique.  Not to say they are not proficient at more than one technique, but rather that they focus on one technique.  It is their specialty.  They have mastered it.  I love getting adjusted by chiropractors who are masters of their technique.  The adjustments are usually special.  On the other hand when I've been adjusted by a jack of all trades chiropractor, the experience has never been so great. 

I want to be adjusted by a someone who is master of his technique.  I think my patients want the same.  That's why I have focused for 25 years on being the best I can be at using Activator Methods.  It seems I'm still learning the nuances of the technique.  When I give an adjustment, I'm confident my patient is getting the best adjustment I can give them.  I do have other adjunctive procedures I may use but they are not my main focus.  If a patient needs something I'm not proficient at providing, I like to refer them to someone who's a master in that procedure.  Be it laser, massage, ART, Thompson, NUCCA, cranio-sacral, etc. let the patient be treated by the practitioner who is the master at the technique.  That's what I want for myself.  That's what I think is best for my patients.

No comments: