Sunday 8 May 2011

Happy Mothers' Day

My mother loved flowers and I always got her a special bouquet for Mothers' Day.  If my sons are in town they always take their mother out for a nice meal, which she appreciates.  What mother doesn't relish a meal she doesn't have to cook?  Then I looked through all the flyers today and saw the thousands of things that should make a mother happy.  Many of them were nice and may be as pleasing to some mothers as flowers were to my mother or a nice meal is to my wife.  But are these the things a mother really, really wants?  I looked at all the things and wondered. 

I don't think things are what mothers really want.  I'm not a mother, so I may be out of line here, but I think what a mother really wants to know that her children are safe, healthy, and successful.  You can please your mother by being selfishly pursuing these qualities.  You can achieve them.  And your mother will feel blessed as a result!  I'm sure that's what gave my mother a real Mothers' Day boost. When she knew her children were safe, healthy, and successful, she was truly happy.

Give your mother the flowers, the meals and the gifts to show your love for her, but be the best you can be and you will be giving her the gift she really wants from her child.  Look after your health and pursue worthwhile goals all year long for your sake and you will make your mother happy.

No comments: