Thursday 17 February 2011

Eyes of a Chiropractor

The way we look at the world is a product of our experiences and training.  As I made my way through my chiropractic education, I realized that my view of the world was changing.  That's a good thing.  Education is pointless if all it does is give us knowledge.  Education should enable us to process information in a continually more mature fashion.  As a result we think differently; we see things differently.  This was certainly the case during my education at chiropractic college.

My view of the world became less status quo.  I questioned the conventional theories of health care and embraced the concept of the body being a self healing organism designed by an all knowing Creator.  A healthy body is one that functions as it was designed to.  All its parts work together in harmony.  When the harmony ceases, the body becomes unhealthy or diseased.  Once harmony is lost, it can only be restored by improving the body as a whole, not just individual parts.

The chiropractic concept that health comes from above down and inside out became real to me.  The ability to heal is God given and within us.  That I could heal anything is incomprehensible!  All I or any doctor can do is to turn on the body's healing abilities.  I am just an instrument.  A humbling and freeing realization.

No comments: